Bad Weather Injury Requires Jones Act Attorney

OCTOBER 3, 2011 by Ogletree Abbott

Let a Jones Act Attorney be Your Voice in Court

Jones Act attorneys specialize in maritime law.  These lawyers know the ins, outs, ups, and downs of the law.  They know how to present a case that will help garner you the settlement or award you deserve.  If you are ever injured in the maritime industry, waste no time in contacting a Jones Act attorney for advice.  Your lawyer will help you file a claim against your employer and, if necessary, will argue your case in front of a jury.  Your lawyer will be your voice in court – the one person who is completely on your side and looking out for your best interests, not the interests of your employer.

Injured Seaman Hires Jones Act Attorney

S. Harper was working on an offshore platform when he was involved in a Jones Act accident.  Mr. Harper had been on the platform for several weeks.  Mr. Harper was told to board the crew transfer boat, despite the weather conditions being unstable.  As Mr. Harper was being transferred in the crew basket to the waiting vessel, the basket was tossed around by high winds.  Mr. Harper twisted his knee and barely kept himself in the basket – another crewmember was tossed out of the basket and lost at sea.  As soon as Mr. Harper reached land, he contacted a Jones Act attorney for advice.

Mr. Harper’s Jones Act attorney evaluated the accident and determined that a claim was in order.  The claim stated that the employer was negligent and had failed to provide a safe working environment.  The crew transfer should not have taken place during the inclement weather conditions.  The employer had a responsibility to keep the crewmembers safe.  Since the employer had failed to keep the workers safe, he was responsible for Mr. Harper’s knee injury.  A settlement was negotiated out of court for $500,000 – compensation for lost wages and medical expenses.

Let Your Jones Act Attorney Fight for You

If your employer has been negligent and caused you to injure yourself, contact a Jones Act attorney for advice.  You could have a claim on your hands and, if so, you need an experienced lawyer to help you.  Jones Act attorneys will fight for your right to compensation and help you get the money you deserve for your injuries.

no comments

Comments are closed.