Jones Act Attorney Helps Texas Worker Get Settlement

OCTOBER 19, 2011 by Ogletree Abbott

Find Your Jones Act Attorney Now

There are several reasons why you might need a Jones Act attorney. If you are injured on the job, a lawyer can help you file a claim for compensation. Another reason why you might need a Jones Act attorney is simply for some legal advice before you make a decision about filing a claim. Knowing what lawyer you plan on contacting is always a good idea. Maritime accidents can be stressful and having your lawyer lined up means one less thing for you or your loved ones to deal with. Be prepared and find your lawyer now.

Worker Takes a Tumble and Calls a Jones Act Attorney

D. Lawson, an offshore worker out of Texas, had his Jones Act attorney ready and waiting. When Mr. Lawson was injured on the job, his lawyer was ready to help. Mr. Lawson was working on an offshore rig at the time of his injury. He took a tumble from an upper area of the rig to a lower area. The brunt of the fall was on his left leg. While it was not a terribly long way to fall, the leg injury was still painful. After several days of enduring pain, Mr. Lawson found out he had damaged the nerves in his leg. There was no way to fix the damage and he was left with a permanent disability. His Jones Act attorney filed an immediate claim.

The claim stated that the environment was unsafe. According to Mr. Lawson, he fell because he tripped over some items that had been carelessly left out by another worker. After much discussion and negotiation, Mr. Lawson’s Jones Act attorney and his employer were finally able to reach an agreement. The final settlement was for $1.9 million. The money covered his medical expenses, lost wages and future lost wages – since the injury was permanent, Mr. Lawson was unable to return to his rig position.

An Offshore Accident Needs a Jones Act Attorney

If you, or someone you know, have been hurt in an offshore accident, contact a Jones Act attorney for legal advice. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you could be entitled to financial compensation. Only with an experienced Jones Act attorney will you get the best settlement or award.

no comments

Comments are closed.