Jones Act Lawyer Gets Multi-Million Dollar Settlement for Injured Seaman

OCTOBER 23, 2011 by Ogletree Abbott

Rest Assured with a Jones Act Lawyer

With a Jones Act lawyer handling your claim, you can rest assured that you will have the best legal representation possible. These attorneys specialize in the Jones Act – they are educated and skilled in their chosen profession. Your employer has a responsibility to provide compensation if they are negligent – your attorney will help you get that compensation. Even if it means taking your case to trial, your Jones Act lawyer will do whatever it takes to get you a fair settlement or award. If you are injured at sea, contact an attorney for help – it is a decision you will not regret.

Jones Act Lawyer Helps Family of Permanently Disabled Worker

L. Harter was working as a seaman aboard a Louisiana vessel when he had the need for a Jones Act lawyer. Mr. Harter got sick while out at sea. At first, it was assumed that he had the flu. However, Mr. Harter’s condition only got worse and after a few days, he was taken to shore for medical attention. Doctors discovered that he had a ruptured blood vessel on his brain stem. Surgery had to be performed and Mr. Harter was left unable to walk and with permanent brain damage. His family consulted with a Jones Act lawyer about the accident.

The Jones Act lawyer for Mr. Harter’s family filed an immediate claim. The employer was negligent in providing Mr. Harter the medical attention he needed. Had he been sent to shore sooner, the damage may have been less severe. Due to the employer’s neglect, Mr. Harter suffered irreparable damage to his brain. The employer did not attempt to fight this claim in court. Instead, a settlement was reached in the amount of almost $8 million. The money not only paid for current medical expenses, it also paid for the ongoing care of Mr. Harter, as well as his family.

Serious Injuries Require a Jones Act Lawyer

When an injury is severe, a Jones Act lawyer is always needed. If you, or someone you know, have suffered a debilitating injury as a seaman, contact an attorney as soon as possible. You could be entitled to compensation and your Jones Act lawyer can help you get the money you deserve.


no comments

Comments are closed.