Jones Act Lawyer Helps Slip-and-Fall Victim

OCTOBER 20, 2011 by Ogletree Abbott

Have a Jones Act Lawyer Ready

As a seaman, you should have a Jones Act lawyer ready to give you legal advice. Maritime accidents happen often and you need to have a plan of action. Your plan of action should include contacting an attorney. Your attorney will advise you on whether you have a valid claim against your employer. Your attorney can also handle all of the legal paperwork, including filing the claim and representing you in court. With a qualified and experienced Jones Act lawyer in your arsenal, your employer will know that you are serious about seeking compensation for your injuries.

Texas Deckhand Seeks Help from Jones Act Lawyer

Slippery surfaces can lead to falls and falls can lead to a Jones Act lawyer. D. David was employed as a deckhand aboard a Texas barge when he became the victim of a slippery surface. Mr. David was traversing the deck of the barge when he slipped on a wet portion and fell. The fall left him with a minor back injury and a fractured arm. Mr. David contacted a Jones Act lawyer as soon as possible and a claim was filed. The claim cited an unsafe working environment as the cause of his accident.

Mr. David’s Jones Act lawyer demonstrated the unsafe working environment by proving that the area of the deck was not covered with non-slip surfacing. Standard safety regulations call for this kind of surfacing. Mr. David’s employer was clearly negligent by not ensuring that the deck was safe for employees. An employer has an obligation to provide a safe working area and Mr. David’s employer had failed to do that. After several negotiation meetings, Mr. David’s Jones Act lawyer was able to garner him a fair settlement. The final settlement was for $775,000 – compensation for lost wages and medical expenses.

Let an Experienced Jones Act Lawyer Help You

If you have been injured from a slip and fall, discuss your case with a Jones Act lawyer. You could be entitled to compensation for lost wages, medical expenses and future lost wages. Only an experienced attorney will be able to help you get the money you deserve. Do not trust your financial future to anyone but the best – contact a Jones Act lawyer today.

no comments

Comments are closed.