Jones Act Lawyer Settles Wrongful Death Claim

NOVEMBER 24, 2011 by Ogletree Abbott

Make the Right Choice with a Jones Act Lawyer

You never know when an accident will happen and cause you to need a Jones Act lawyer. Maritime accidents happen at an alarming rate. Thousands of seamen are injured every year in work-related accidents. If you find yourself injured in one of these accidents, one of the first people you should contact is your Jones Act lawyer. Your attorney will help you decide if you need to file a claim against your employer for compensation. Compensation can include medical expenses and lost wages – even future lost wages. Let your attorney help you make the right choice for your financial future.

Seaman Loses Life, Family Consults with Jones Act Lawyer

When a seaman loses his or her life to the sea, it is imperative for the family to consult with a Jones Act lawyer. The family of C. Hadley made the right choice when they consulted an attorney after Mr. Hadley lost his life at sea. Mr. Hadley, a New England crewmember, was being transferred from one vessel to another at the time of the accident. Mr. Hadley fell while being transferred – right into the water. The crewmembers attempted to rescue him from the water, but the rescue attempts failed. Mr. Hadley died in the water and his family contacted a Jones Act lawyer as soon as possible.

The Jones Act lawyer for Mr. Hadley’s family launched an investigation. The attorney discovered that the other crewmembers had not been properly trained in rescue procedures. This lack of training led to the death of Mr. Hadley. The crewmembers wasted valuable time trying to determine what to do. They were confused and scared – all factors that led to his death. The family’s Jones Act lawyer was able to negotiate a wrongful death settlement in the amount of $2.5 million. While the money will not bring Mr. Hadley back, it will help provide for his family’s future.

Compensate Your Loss with a Jones Act Lawyer

If you have lost a loved one to the sea, contact a Jones Act lawyer for advice. Your attorney can help you file a wrongful death suit against the negligent parties. You deserve compensation for your loss, even though no amount of money will ever bring your loved one back. Let your Jones Act lawyer help you seek monetary compensation for your devastating loss.

no comments

Comments are closed.