Jones Act Attorney Wins Claim for Cluttered Platform Injury

MARCH 8, 2012 by Ogletree Abbott

Focus on Healing with a Jones Act Attorney

Do not let a maritime accident make you feel overwhelmed; contact a Jones Act attorney right away to help you.  Your maritime accident might leave you feeling helpless and scared, which is why it is imperative that you contact a Jones Act attorney for advice.  A Jones Act attorney will work with you from beginning to end, making sure that you get the compensation that you deserve because of your maritime accident. Your attorney will take the stress of filing a claim off your shoulders, leaving you free to focus on healing.

Worker Calls Jones Act Attorney after Tripping on Platform

G. Strebel was a cook on a jack-up rig when he suffered a severe maritime injury.  Mr. Strebel and several other co-workers were in the process of being transported to the rig via a personnel basket on a crane.  When Mr. Strebel was dropped onto the platform from the personnel basket, he had to navigate his way through many other co-workers, as well as luggage and materials that the crane dropped on the deck.  Mr. Strebel had his hands full and was unable to see clearly around the platform. He tripped on materials that were in his walkway and suffered a neck injury.

Mr. Strebel contacted his Jones Act attorney to help him with his Jones Act claim because he was not sure if he had a legitimate claim.  The Jones Act attorney looked into Mr. Strebel’s case. He determined that because the platform was cluttered with materials and luggage that were not picked up prior to requiring the maritime workers to navigate the deck, Mr. Strebel did have a case.  Mr. Strebel’s Jones Act attorney was able to get him awarded with $575,000 for his injuries.

Contact a Jones Act Attorney for Big and Small Injuries

If you ever experience an injury as a maritime worker, it is in your best interests to contact a Jones Act attorney. You need to find out if your injury violates the Jones Act and entitles you to financial compensation.  An attorney is your best chance at getting the financial compensation that you are entitled to receive.  There is no reason to delay; contact your Jones Act attorney today.

no comments

Comments are closed.