Jones Act Lawyer Helps Seaman with Back Injury from Fall

MARCH 6, 2012 by Ogletree Abbott

Get What You Deserve with a Jones Act Lawyer

Ensure that you get what you deserve when you are injured in a maritime accident by hiring a Jones Act lawyer.  A Jones Act lawyer will help you through all of the steps of a Jones Act case, reducing the stress on you so that you can focus on your recovery.  A Jones Act lawyer will offer you advise, guidance and the necessary services required to either settle your maritime case out of court or take it in front of a judge and jury.

Deckhand Injures Back and Contacts Jones Act Lawyer

L. Gillon was a deckhand on a barge for 15 years when he was ordered to transfer towing gear onto the barge from a towboat.  Mr. Gillon needed the services of his Jones Act lawyer when he suffered extensive injuries during this job.  While pulling the towing gear onto the barge, he fell into an open manhole, causing him to suffer severe injuries to his lumbar spine. Mr. Gillon got into touch with his Jones Act lawyer right away after his injury to obtain help with filing his Jones Act claim.

He explained his accident to the lawyer, who went to work right away filing Mr. Gillon’s claim.  The Jones Act lawyer was able to prove that Mr. Gillon’s injury could have been prevented if the employer had provided a safe working environment by inspecting the work area prior to Mr. Gillon beginning his job.  Since there was no inspection, the open manhole was not discovered and Mr. Gillon suffered a severe back injury.  Mr. Gillon settled for $850,000 and never had to step foot in a courtroom.

Take No Chances – Hire a Jones Act Lawyer

If you have been injured in a maritime accident as a result of employer negligence, you need to get in contact with a Jones Act lawyer right away.  A lawyer will be able to advise you on how much your maritime accident is worth and what steps need to be taken to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve for your accident.  Do not take a chance with your Jones Act claim; contact your Jones Act lawyer today.

no comments

Comments are closed.