Do You Have a Jones Act Claim?

Do you have a Jones Act claim on your hands? If you are an injured maritime worker that suffered your injury in a work-related accident, chances are that you do. The only way to know for certain is to contact a maritime attorney. Your lawyer will examine your accident and tell you if you need to file a Jones Act claim. You may be hesitant to file a claim, especially if your employer has always been good to you. Unfortunately, even good employers can turn nasty when money is involved.

What to Expect with a Jones Act Claim

Your Jones Act claim is probably going to take some time to resolve, but your attorney will work hard to resolve it in a timely manner. Your attorney knows that you have bills to pay and medical expenses to cover. He or she will make sure that your claim is resolved, not only in a timely fashion, but also in a fair and just manner. Some employers make low settlement offers that will barely cover one medical bill, much less all of your medical and living expenses. Forget low-ball settlement offers – you deserve fair compensation for your work-related injuries and your Jones Act claim attorney will make sure you get it.

Once your Jones Act claim is underway, you can expect your lawyer to launch an investigation. This investigation will help root out the cause of the accident, as well as any liability on the part of your employer. When you hire an attorney, you do not have to worry about your employer being uncooperative or dishonest. Your lawyer will make certain that any discrepancies in testimonies are explained. If and when your employer decides to settle the Jones Act claim, your attorney will handle the negotiation procedures to ensure that you receive a fair amount of financial justice.

Put Your Jones Act Claim in Trustworthy Hands

When you have a possible Jones Act claim on your hands, consult with an experienced attorney. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries, medical expenses and lost wages. If your injury leaves you unable to return to work again, your attorney can help you seek compensation for future lost wages. Place your Jones Act claim in the hands of a trustworthy attorney and you will soon have the compensation you need and deserve.